While teaching preschool children in Nieu Bethesda - a small village in the eastern cape of South Africa - the local teachers gave me the nickname of Thembeka. In the South African dialect, Xhosa, Thembeka (tem-bek-uh) means "trust on you." I hold the name and the meaning close, in my work as a doula and throughout my life...

Check out my website for upcoming Healthy Childbirth Classes through BellyWise.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Meet the Doulas at Studio 34!

Join us on Thursday, April 21st at Studio 34 in West Philadelphia (4522 Baltimore Ave) for a discussion of why doulas are beneficial during pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. Local doulas will be in attendance to answer questions and discuss options and availability with expecting families. Bring your questions and your friends!

Hope to see you there...
kate.

Meet the Doulas.
April 21st.
7pm.
Studio 34 - 4522 Baltimore Ave. West Philadelphia.
facebook invite here

No comments:

Post a Comment